Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mayor's Art Show piece - work in progress 1

Two posts in one day.... I think this is some sort of a record...

Anyhow, as promised, work in progress shots of the piece I'm doing for the Springfield Mayor's Art Show in October. The piece is 20"x28" (roughly - art paper never seems to be evenly sized) on Colorfix paper.

The reference image - a photo of a dear friend who was sweet enough to do some modeling for me.


Because of the truly bizarre and yet intriguing angle of the photo, I had to graph the image to accurately transfer it. Not something I usually do (or particularly like doing) but I felt it was a necessary evil to get it quickly and accurately enlarged to the page.


Here we are about an hour after graphing. Mostly laid in the background, starting a bit of detailing here and there. It's going along quite well so far, I think, and I'm reminded just how much I LOVE Colorfix paper. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny.

More to come!


Contact me - Want to get more information on a piece, purchase a piece or inquire about a commission? Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment